Change:  Move to:
03.01.2015 at 14:30 Attendance: 413
Holyhead Hotspur 4 - 2 AET Caernarfon Town
Referee: Mr M James HUWS GRAY CUP-

Kenleigh Owen (13)
Myles Jones (112)
Myles Jones (115)
Myles Jones (119)
Carl Owen 90
Darren Thomas 101
Starting line-ups
Carl Jones
Alex Jones
Mike Edwards
Kenleigh Owen
Dan McGinness
Phil Williams
Gareth Jones-Evans
Mike Kelly
Dean Garmey
Martin McClymont
Rhys Roberts
Paul Pritchard
Kevin Roberts
Chris Williams
Gareth Edwards
Graham Austin C
Dave Morley
James Bell
Jay Gibbs
Carl Owen
Darren Thomas
Corey Williams
Elliot Smith
Gareth Parry
Ryan Jones
Myles Jones
Nick Clark
Matty Hardman
Nathan Craig
Steve Kehoe
Ywain Gwynedd
Damian Balioynski
Ryan Jones -> Martin McClymont (70)
Myles Jones -> Kenleigh Owen (90)
Nick Clark -> Gareth Jones-Evans (118)
Damian Balioynski for James Bell
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. Paul Pritchard 80
Match report

Photographs by Award Photography
Pictures from the match
Hat Trick Hero Myles stuns Canaries

There have been numerous close run battles between the two football towns of Holyhead and Caernarfon over the years as far back as the 1880’s but seldom will any have reached such a dramatic finale as in the Huws Gray Cymru Alliance League Cup Quarter Final at the New Stadium on Saturday. Young 19 year old Myles Jones will no doubt have a good career in the game but his hat-trick in seven second half of extra time minutes will take some beating, however long it lasts! The hosts had taken a 13th minute lead through Kenleigh Owen who took advantage when keeper Paul Pritchard failed to clear the ball properly and slotted home. They held the one goal advantage until the break and defended superbly in the second period as Caernarfon dominated possession but failed to find a way through Hotspur resolute rear guard, Hotspur having to rely on quick breaks. The visitors were reduced to 10 men with 10 minutes to go when keeper Pritchard was red carded for a last man situation bringing down Ryan Jones on one of those breaks when way out of his goal. However, with time running out the 10 men dramatically forced extra-time in the 90+3 minute when a corner on the left deep into the goalmouth by Corey Williams was lashed home high into the net by Carl Owen.

The visitors then took the lead for the first time via Darren Thomas just before half time in extra time, but Myles Jones who had come off the bench in the 90th minute turned out to be an inspired substitute by Holyhead Hotspur Manager Campbell Harrison.

Young Myles will take the headlines but this was a real show of grit and character by the Harbourmen all through the side in winning through to the semi-finals, while Caernarfon also contributed greatly to a fine advert for the Cymru Alliance.

The visitors posed the early threat Corey Williams and Kevin Roberts shooting just wide on 4 and 6, however then came the mistake by Paul Pritchard where he missed a clearance in front of goal and Owen pounced to fire the loose ball home. It was nip + tuc as both sides pressed without troubling the keepers but Caernarfon began to see much more of the ball before the break. This continued after half time and on 69 Carl Owen missed a great chance shooting over from close range. This after Kenleigh Owen was twice denied by keeper and defender from a quick break out two minutes earlier. On 80 Ryan Jones in the clear but keeper out quick off his line but in no man’s land bringing down Jones – Red.

On 87 Carl Jones made a brilliant save to deny a great header by Darren Thomas, Damian Balioysnski Sub goalkeeper had made a cracking save from Kenleigh Owen just after coming on. , Then came the equaliser which saw extra time, which came from a corner when Carl Owen slotted home in 90+3.

Extra Time – Ryan Jones and Gareth Jones-Evans good efforts, but on 101 a ball from the right reached Darren Thomas who shot home in style past Carl Jones. Despite one man down the visitors looked strong but then came the Myles Jones show – A cross from the right from Dan McGinness found lurking Jones who wasted no time in burying past Balioynski on 112st minute. Suddenly it was Hotspur on the front foot a ball came into Ryan Jones to the left of goal – he slipped the ball to Myles Jones who rammed the ball home 115th minute, and then to complete the turnaround Mike Kelly was twice denied by the keeper but who else but that man Myles to fire the rebound home much to the delight of the home players and fans in the 400 plus bumper turn out. Before Myles made it 4-2 Matty Hurdman struck the outside of the post for Caernarfon on 117th minute.