Change:  Move to:
01.09.2015 at 19:30 Attendance: 162
Holyhead Hotspur 1 - 1 Porthmadog

Damian Ketley (3)
Josh Davies 50 Penalty
Starting line-ups
Carl Jones
Brendun Hogan
Mike Edwards
Kenleigh Owen
Rhys Roberts
Phil Williams
Dewi Thomas
Mike Kelly
Jamie Roberts
Dean Garmey
Damian Ketley
Richard Harvey
Gwyddion Ifan
Josh Banks
Iolo Hughes
Idden Price
Iwan Lewis
Gruff John Williams
Cai Jones
Julian Williams
Leon Newell
Elir Edwards
Ryan Jones
Nick Clark
Dewi John Thomas
Josh Davies
Steve Jones
Stuart Rogers
Rob Evans
Llan Hughes
Nick Clark -> Mike Edwards (80)
Josh Davies for Gruff John Williams
Rob Evans for Elir Edwards
Steve Jones for Rob Evans
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
Dean Garmey (55)
Match report
Ten Men Hotspur Hold Out For Point!

Holyhead Hotspur took the lead after only three minutes and along with old rivals Porthmadog provided a good contest goal scorer Damian Ketley nearly adding to his early strike in the first half while his team mates dealt really well with any threat from the visitors. However, five minutes into the second half Port were level via a spot kick after former Holyhead Hotspur loanee Julian Williams now with the black and reds (yellow on this occasion) was impeded in the box, sub Josh Davies making no mistake with the penalty.

The visitors upped their game in the second period bringing on two subs at the start of the second half and were much more of a threat going forward and on 65 Dean Garmey who had been booked for the penalty decision received his matching orders (second yellow) leaving Holyhead with ten men for the final 25 minutes. Despite this to their credit they defended superbly restricting the visitors to very few real opportunities to go ahead with central defensive pairing captain Rhys Roberts and Dewi Thomas particularly outstanding and held out for a well-deserved share of the spoils.

After two home draws on the bounce the hosts will look for 3 points against lowly Buckley Town this Saturday 2.30 pm kick off in another home fixture which would be a good platform before the attractive Word Cup home tie with newly promoted Llandudno to the Welsh Premier next Tuesday September 8th 7.30 pm kick off.

On 3 minutes Holyhead took the lead, a ball was played into the penalty area and taken up by striker Damian Ketley who moved quickly forward to unleash a stinging shot past keeper Richard Harvey. Hotspur had begun in confident style passing the ball around well and Jamie Roberts effort was just over, while the hosts restricted the visitors to few real opportunities, although Carl Jones smothered an effort from Leon Newell on the half hour who seemed their main threat. On 36 goal scorer Ketley produced a fine header which clipped the bar from a Dean Garmey free kick. Just before the break Hotspur had their first real scare following a corner on the left the visitors desperately trying to get a vital touch in an almighty scramble in the goalmouth including a great defensive header away by Dewi Thomas. (HT 1-0)

Port started the second half on the front foot Newell having a good run on the left and on 50 drew level, Julian Williams broke into the box but was upended by Dean Garmey and Josh Davies one of Port’s second half subs converted the penalty. On 55 Mike Edwards for Hotspur made a great run down the left and into the area but his well struck shot was brilliantly turned away by Harvey and eventually cleared.

The game now had a fast tempo about it but on 65 Garmey already on a yellow received another which left his teammates to finish the final 25 minutes with ten men. On 74 a superb tackle by Dewi Thomas prevented a dangerous looking Williams breaking through as Port continued to pile on the pressure with their man advantage but the Holyhead rear-guard stood firm with the whole team doing a fine job to ensure a well-deserved point. To end, the referee will have had better games!