Change:  Move to:
23.04.2016 at 14:00 Attendance: 81
Holyhead Hotspur 1 - 0 Guilsfield
Referee: Mr P Kewley HUWS GRAY ALLIANCE-

Rhys Roberts (40)
Starting line-ups
Carl Jones
Alex Jones
Kenleigh Owen
Kieran Hilditch
Rhys Roberts
Phil Williams
Dewi Thomas
Jamie Roberts
Dean Garmey
Jack Griffiths
Damian Ketley
Dave Littleford
Callum Bromley
Chris Cathrall
Andrew Ford
Sam Littelford
James Henderson c
Mark Davies
Nathan Leonard
Danny Barton
Arron Edwards
Jack Richards
Mervyn Williams
Mike Edwards
Mike Kelly
Robert Llewellyn Jones
Adam Jenkins
David Easthop
Jake Cook
Daniel Collins
Lee Andrew
Mike Kelly -> Jamie Roberts (82)
Adam Jenkins for Callum Bromley 72
David Easthop for Mark Davies 64
Jake Cook for Nathan Leonard 82
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. None
Match report
Match Report Huws Gray Alliance Holyhead Hotspur 1-0 Guilsfield April 23rd 2016
Campbell Harrison’s Holyhead Hotspur are ending the season with a flourish following their fourth win in a row courtesy of centre half and captain Rhys Roberts’ 40th minute header, splitting the two sides for the only goal of a hard fought contest.
Games between Hotspur and Mid-Wales outfit Guilsfield invariably produce highly competitive encounters, and Holyhead’s penultimate game of the campaign against the Guils was no exception to the rule.
Hotspur have really closed the back door of late and this one goal success was their third out of the four which with one fixture left to fulfil should see them end the campaign in a much higher position than expected after flirting in mid-table for much of the season. The Holy Islanders will also be pleased at having completed the double over Saturday’s opponents which more than makes up for the Huws Gray Alliance League Cup defeat also at the New Stadium earlier in the season.
Harrison and Assistant Darren Garmey’s team complete their term on Bank Holiday Monday, May 2nd at home to Flint Town United 2.30 pm kick off with the two managers committing themselves to the club for 2016/17.
Guilsfield were the quickest off the blocks and a good run down the left by Jack Richards saw the winger cross to Arron Edwards who blazed wildly over the top. The visitors had more of the play early on but on 13 Jamie Roberts put Damian Ketley in but keeper Dave Littleford saved well for a corner. Two minutes later at the other end Carl Jones had to recover quickly after miskicking a clearance. It was Hotspur turn now to enjoy a period of pressure and Dewi Thomas’ strike from 20 yards was inches over on 29. On 35 young Jack Griffiths on for his first start for Holyhead Hotspur chased a long ball over the top and lofted his effort just wide. Both sides were having periods of ascendency but on 40 minutes Hotspur took the lead. The visitors were expecting a long throw into the box only for Kieran Hilditch to throw short to Phil Williams who hoisted a looping ball into the mix and Rhys Roberts rose highest to send a header low past Littleford in a crowded goalmouth.
A minute later Williams sent a stinging drive at pace which tested the keeper. Just before the break a Guils attack saw Andrew Ford flip the ball just over. HT 1-0
Guilsfield started the second half on the front foot and Ford’s shot from 20 yards was inches over on 52. However, Dewi Thomas for the hosts made a really determined run but Littleford blocked him off on 67. At this stage Hotspur needed a second goal although clear cut chances had been few and far between with defences on top. But on 80 following a long throw into Hotspur’s area Hilditch had to head off the line. Holyhead under some pressure now. It was hardly an end of season affair with both sides going for it while perhaps a little more action in the goalmouth required attention. Then after a free kick Dewi Thomas broke through but Littleford saved with his legs. Just on 90 a deep cross from the left saw Dave Easthop almost converting in front of goal with an improvised scissors kick but Hotspur held out for a well-deserved 3 points – twelve out of twelve!!
Gareth M Davies