Change:  Move to:
04.02.2012 at 14:30 New Oval Attendance:
Holyhead Hotspur 3 - 1 Llandudno Junction
Referee: Welsh Alliance League-

Mike Edwards
Mel McGinness
Mel McGinness
Starting line-ups
Ben Heald
Alex Jones
Tom Nathan Edwards
Gareth Owen
Mike Edwards
Kenleigh Owen
Dan McGinness
Mike Kelly
Dion Donohue
Luke John Roberts
Mel McGinness
Richard Owen
Ryan Jones
Matty Thomas
Jason Owen
Richard Owen -> Mike Edwards
Jason Owen -> Luke John Roberts
Ryan Jones -> Kenleigh Owen
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. None
Match report
The Harbourmen needed a good result last Saturday to compensate for the previous weekends shock 2-1 loss at bottom side Nefyn and they obliged, although the Railwaymen put up a great fight and the hosts needed two goals in the last 15 minutes from chief predator Mel McGinness to seal the points.

With leaders Holywell Towns game called off due to a frozen pitch, Emlyn Manley Williams team took full advantage by closing the gap on the Wellmen to four points with two games in hand.

Hotspur and Junction served up an entertaining tussle despite the difficult windy and wet conditions.

The hosts began promisingly with Dion Donohues early shot cleared for a corner before Luke Roberts header from a Mike Kelly corner was tipped over by Llan keeper Jamie Roberts.

A cross from Mike Edwards was nodded on by Tom Edwards, but Alex Jones header just cleared the bar.

The home side took the lead on 18 minutes when goalkeeper Ben Healds perfectly-flighted free-kick from halfway was headed against the underside of the bar by McGinness, but Mike Edwards reacted quickest to slide in the rebound.

McGinness, Kenleigh Owen and Luke Roberts all went close before Junction began to make an impact.

Ricky Jones drilled an effort just wide, but the visitors pulled level four minutes before the interval.

A Jamie Jones free-kick was pushed away by Heald, but Rob Williams guided the ball beyond everyone into the far corner.

Roberts produced a good stop from Donohue to ensure it was 1-1 at the turnaround.

Both keepers impressed at the start of the second stanza, Roberts doing well to thwart McGinness before Heald palmed away a Ricky Jones attempt.

Hotspur had a let-off on 59 minutes when Ricky Jones daisy-cutter from 20 yards rattled the post and fortunately for the Harbourmen the ball hit the back of Heald but went away from goal.

Kenleigh Owen was inches away for the Anglesey outfit with a fierce strike before a cross from Junctions Danny Jones had Heald at full stretch.
It was anyones game going into the last 15 minutes but here Hotspur upped the ante – and it was Mike Edwards who led the charge.

Edwards broke from his own half at speed, leaving Junction defenders in his wake before delivering a perfect ball into McGinness who fired past Roberts for his 30th goal this season.

Heald saved smartly from a Dwyfor Williams free-kick, but on 83 minutes Hotspur bagged a crucial third goal.

McGinness weaved his magic again, breaking into the area before slipping the ball beyond Roberts .

Heald was forced into another good save before the final whistle sounded on a good Hotspur win, but full credit to Junction for making a real fist of it.