Change:  Move to:
11.02.2012 at 14:00 Central Park Attendance:
Denbigh Town 0 - 5 Holyhead Hotspur
Referee: FAW WELSH TROPHY / Quarter Final-

None Gareth Owen
Mike Edwards
Mike Kelly
Mel McGinness
Curt Williams
Starting line-ups
Ben Heald
Tom Nathan Edwards
Richard Owen
Gareth Owen
Mike Edwards
Kenleigh Owen
Dan McGinness
Mike Kelly
Jonathan Peris Jones
Luke John Roberts
Mel McGinness
Luke Michael Roberts
Curt Williams
None Curt Williams -> Luke John Roberts
Luke Michael Roberts -> Kenleigh Owen
Yellow cards
None None.
Red cards
None None.
Match report

Pictures from the match
Hotspur advanced to the FAW Trophy semi-finals last Saturday with a convincing 5-0 triumph at Denbigh Town.

The tie at Central Park was closer than the final scoreline suggests as had Denbigh taken their early chances in this all-Welsh Alliance tussle it could have been a different story.

Tom Sharples effort from a corner was cleared off the line by Richard Owen, Ceri James hit a shot just wide and Ian Griffiths headed over when he should have done better.

For the Harbourmen, Mike Edwards rippled the side-netting and Mel McGinness shot just over after latching onto an excellent delivery from Owen before the visitors took a 33rd minute lead.

Following a McGinness free-kick on the edge of the area, the ball came to defender Gareth Owen who drilled a low shot into the far corner of the net.

Holyhead went two-up on 43 minutes when McGinness played a slick one-two with Edwards before decisively beating keeper Gareth Roberts for his 32nd goal of the season. A truly top-class goal.

Denbigh upped their attacking effort in the second period but the Anglesey aces defended soundly and then grabbed a crucial third goal on 55 minutes.

McGinness crossed from the right and John Luke Roberts did well to control before setting up Edwards to rifle the ball beyond the keeper.

Denbigh rallied and were only denied a goal by an excellent Ben Heald stop from Miles Todd. Mark Roberts also shot just wide for the hosts, while at the other end McGinness was through but the ball took a wicked bobble and he was unable to find the target.

Two minutes from time Hotspur added a fourth with a cracking 20-yard drive from Mike Kelly and the fifth soon followed when Edwards provided the assist for substitute Curt Williams to find the net.

Denbigh may feel a 5-0 margin flattered the visitors, but the solid defending and clinical finishing of Holyhead proved the difference between the sides.

And yet again this Hotspur squad proved their adaptability when various players were asked to operate out of their normal positions.

One thing is for sure – Denbigh will probably be tired of the sight of the Harbourmen by now, having previously lost 6-0 and 5-0 to the Anglesey team earlier in the season.